EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR WORKSHOP SUBMISSIONS: 22 MAY 2022
As always, interactive workshops are an important element in the conference that is characterized by co-creation and hands-on collaboration. Moving such tacit forms of collaboration pose an interesting challenge and at the same time a great opportunity for the future.
During this year’s Open Living Lab Days, 20-23 September 2022, we will organize two full conference days on Wednesday and Thursday with a mixture of sessions to attend. The last day on Friday will be focusing on site visits in Turin.
Key characteristics. We are looking for workshops that are:
- Interactive and practical rather than one-directional or theoretical
- Facilitating the active and equal engagement of all participants
- Support knowledge exchange – also between participants
- Provide real value for participants and equip them with solutions that they can apply in their living labs as well
- Produce tangible outcomes to ‘take home’ from the session
- 29 March 2022: Open for workshop applications
- 15 May 2022: Deadline for workshop application submission
- 22 May 2022: Extended deadline for workshop application submission
- 15 June 2022: Information on evaluation results: publishing of accepted workshops
- 1- 15 September 2022: Call with workshop organizers for a technical check & platform set-up + Deadline for workshop amendments if required by evaluators
- 20 September: Day 0 of OLLD – Learning Lab day with side events
- 21-23 September 2022: OLLD conference. Workshops will take place throughout Wednesday and Thursday of the conference.
- After the conference: end of September a reporting period will follow, allowing you to share the outcomes reached during your workshop.
Theme & Tracks
Following the theme of the conference, “The city as a Living Lab, but now for real”. Applicants are encouraged to showcase special consideration to the theme of the OLLD22 conference in their workshop submissions.
Workshop proposals will be evaluated by the Open Living Lab Days Workshop Evaluator Committee based on various criteria including quality and level of details of the proposed idea, theme of the workshop, its relevance to the conference themes, interactivity and methods used to facilitate engagement, knowledge exchange and tangible outcomes, value for participants and solutions’ adaptability by others, and finally the overall balance of the conference program.
Workshop organisers enjoy a reduced fee for the conference under the ticket category “Presenters/organizers”.
A maximum of 3 tickets per workshop can be purchased at this price category. These tickets may only be purchased by the workshop organisers themselves: those, who are indicated in the application form as facilitators of the workshop and who are actively involved in running the workshop at the event as ‘speakers’.
This year, applicants are required to submit the following information:
- NAME of the workshop
- GOAL of the workshop
Short & clear (max 200 characters), what is the main goal of your workshop? This will be published as the thumbnail description, attracting audience to your workshop
- WORKSHOP TRACKS choice & relevance to the conference theme
Please explain briefly how your workshop is connected to the conference theme (max 600 characters)
- OUTCOMES (tangible & intangible)
What are the intangible outcomes – what knowledge, experience will participants walk away with, from attending your session? What will participants gain / learn? (max 1200 characters)
- METHODOLOGY description
How will the audience be able to participate in your workshop and what does the “flow” of your workshop look like: what are the different steps and activities that the participants will be guided through? Please provide an agenda for a 90-minute workshop, identifying the different blocks and timings for each block (max 1200 characters)
- AUDIENCE: this workshop is for….
Who is your workshop for, what kind of participants should consider attending? You can highlight the main type of audience without excluding others by explaining that this workshop is for xxx but is also interesting for xxx and all other participants looking to xxx, for example. (max 600 characters)
- VALUE FOR PARTICIPANTS
What is the value of your workshop for others? Are the ideas and solutions discussed during your workshop valuable also for a wider audience? Will you equip workshop participants in knowledge required to make real changes in their living labs? Will your workshop help them to grow and develop in the future? (max 1200 characters)
- WORKSHOP FACILITATOR contact details & bios
Brief profile descriptions & contacts of each workshop facilitator
- Maximum number of participants
PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH WORKSHOP SHOULD BE DEDICATED TO AROUND 30-50 PEOPLE
- AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIALS
Please share with us anything that illustrates your idea for the workshop. We would like to have some images, photos, illustrations, audios, videos, explaining visually your concept.
- Also, a short video (max. 1 minute) with a brief explanation of the goal of your workshop and its value for participants is required.
Interested in organizing a workshop during the Open Living Lab Days 2022 and sharing your meaningful experience with the wider community?
In case of any further questions, do not hesitate to contact the OLLD Team: firstname.lastname@example.org