Instant nature: Nature Based Solutions (NBS) thinking workshop
Wednesday 21 September
14.00 – 15.30
How to boost the presence of nature in the city?
With a very operational approach, the workshop aims at expanding participants’ familiarity with nature-based solutions, stimulating their capacity to recognize potential for climate adaptation in specific urban contexts and engaging them in the envisioning of a Nature Based Torino.
Participants in the workshop will learn about:
- Typologies of NBS to be implemented in an urban context
- Examples of living labs and co-creation processes related to urban characteristics and aims of the NBS
- Expected benefits, including social, economic, and environmental impacts, and contribution of NBS to the ecosystem services of the city
- Recognize priority hot spots related to climate change risks (urban heat islands and floods) in the urban environment
- Where to place NBS in our cities – ‘hands on’ approach