How to apply Living Lab approach in Circular Economy collaborative projects?
BACKGROUND/HISTORY AND CONTEXT OF THE WORKSHOP
In Circular Economy (CE) projects Living Lab approach can be efficient when developing ecosystemic business models, due to the fact that CE is ecosystemic by nature. Laurea University of Applied Sciences has developed CE Living Lab approach and *CELLL toolkit to on-going H2020 project (Circ4Life). A circular economy approach for lifecycles of products and services and previous projects.
Besides being methodology for end-user and stakeholder engagement and contribution Living Lab approach is useful for enabling common vision and understanding in the CE projects for project partners in order to achieve project goals. Laurea has launched Innovation Camp (excellent reviews from participants) for the early phase of the project to test the methodology and to promote project goals, as well as provide partners with a better understanding of the LLs.
*Circular Economy Laurea Living Lab
MAIN AIM / OBJECTIVE
Circular Economy (CE) can be seen as an ecosystem to solve complex problems, which cannot be solved by individual organizations. Living Labs help improve the multi-stakeholder collaboration in CE ecosystems.
The overall objective of the workshop is to provide practical understanding especially for business sector on the benefits, tools and impacts of using LL when developing CE solutions and business models.
• To demonstrate CELLL toolkit and its applicability to CE collaborative CE projects
• To identify the elements/factors which need development in CELLL approach (methods, implementation…)
• To understand how Living lab approach can help in developing (CE) ecosystemic business models
• How to scale up Living Lab approach to future CE/Green projects?
• New ideas for ecosystemic business model development by using Living Lab approach.
• Practical understanding what are Living Labs in CE and how to utilise LL approach in business development
• Learning hands-on service design tools that can be used in stakeholder engagement
• New practical ways to Living Lab approach/CELLL to make CE/Green/H2020 projects successful
BRIEF OUTLINE / METHODOLOGY
We develop a common understanding of LL approach in CE projects, which is a methodology for end-user and stakeholder engagement, and a tool for developing ecosystemic business models.
The workshop starts as one big group but then the participants will be divided to two subgroups (stakeholder engagement, and CE business models development). Each subgroup will be divided into smaller teams, depending on amount of participants. The group work will be based on the CELLL toolkit, which is a service design tool prototype developed by Laurea. The toolkit is a visual gamified card board tool to develop interconnected business models and their elements, and to understand CE ecosystems. Group will be facilitated, and results will be documented and shared with the participants later on.
The feedback from the workshop participants will be used to refine and further develop the CELLL toolkit.
Methods : facilitated CELLL toolkit use